College of Alberta Dental Assistants

member login


select your font size
smaller font larger font

Apply for Registration

Apply to us for registration as a dental assistant after you have completed your dental assisting education. You must be registered with us to work as a dental assistant in Alberta.

We have two pathways to registration:

  • National Dental Assisting Examining Board (NDAEB)
  • Labour Mobility


To apply with NDAEB you must:

  • graduate from an accredited* dental assisting program in Canada, and
  • pass the NDAEB Written Exam


  • graduate from a non-accredited dental assisting (or other dental) program, and
  • pass the NDAEB Written Exam, and
  • pass the NDAEB Clinical Practice Evaluation

If you are in the process of completing your NDAEB requirements you may apply for Provisional Registration.

*Accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada

Labour Mobility

To apply through Labour Mobility you must:

  • be a dental assistant in a Canadian province where dental assisting is regulated (it is not regulated in Ontario and Quebec), and
  • have current registration/certification/license (practice rights) in good standing, and
  • have full practice rights (not limited in any way)

This diagram shows the pathways to registration. Click on the diagram to open it as a PDF.

Registration Eligibility Flow Chart

There are other factors that may impact your eligibility for registration. Check our applications and Registration Policies for details.

This information is subject to change at any time.